Accept the challenge. Be a hero!
The Huntsman Hometown Heroes program is designed to help participants reach their endurance goals while raising much-needed funds for cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). Participants agree to raise a minimum amount of money while receiving a guaranteed spot in some of the best events in Utah:
- Skinny Tire Festival: Three-day cycling festival in Moab—March
- Canyonlands Half Marathon: Half marathon in Moab—March
- Salt Lake City Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or bike tour—April
- Provo Half Marathon: Marathon and half marathon—May
- Ogden Marathon: Marathon, half marathon, 5K, or marathon relay—May
- Little Red Riding Hood: 18-, 36-, 50-, 80- and 100-mile ride, women's only
- Utah Valley Marathon: Marathon or half marathon—June
- Huntsman 140: 140-, 75- or 25-mile ride from Delta, UT, to HCI—June
- Ragnar Relay—Wasatch Back: Running relay for a team of 12—June
- R2R Mt. Nebo Century Challenge: Ride in over Uintah National Forest - August
- Kiss me Dirty: Four-mile obstacle course in South Jordan & Ogden, women only—June & September
- Porcupine Hill Climb: Bicycle hill climb up Big Cottonwood Canyon - July
- LOTOJA: 206-mile bike ride from Logan, UT, to Jackson, WY—September
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Participate in any event of your choice and raise funds for Huntsman Cancer Foundation on behalf of HCI while you train.
All Huntsman Hometown Hero sign-up fees are nonrefundable.
Fundraising minimum requirements
- $200 per 5Ker
- $350 per Ogden relay runner
- $500 per marathoner, half marathoner, Skinny Tire cyclist, Ragnar Relay participant, triathlon participant
- $1,000 per LOTOJA cyclist
For More Information
Please contact us if you have any questions about fundraising.