The Blood and Marrow Transplant program at Huntsman Cancer Institute is a center of clinical expertise for hematologic malignancies, combining groundbreaking therapies with compassionate and personalized medical care. We use a multidisciplinary team approach to provide comprehensive medical care to patients and families to optimize outcomes and patient satisfaction.
The BMT program provides peripheral blood and bone marrow–derived stem cell transplants to patients with malignant and non-malignant hematological conditions:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Plasma Cell Dyscrasias (Multiple Myeloma, Castleman's, POEMS, Amyloidosis)
Blood or marrow transplants are intensive treatments aimed at curing malignant and non-malignant diseases. The BMT program performs a range of stem cell transplants:
- Autologous stem cell transplants
- Allogeneic stem cell transplants
- Umbilical cord blood
- Related and unrelated donor bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cell transplants
- Donor lymphocyte infusions
Pediatric stem cell transplants are performed at Primary Children's Medical Center (PCMC). To learn more, please visit the PCMC BMT program website.
|"If I had to rate the BMT clinic at Huntsman Cancer Hospital, I would give it 10 out of 10. The entire staff is wonderful."—Katie Clawson|
|For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 801-587-4652|