Christy Steele, Oncology Patient Coordinator for the GI cancer program, coordinates new patient visits, including scheduling appointments with providers and ancillary services, and serving as a central point of contact for questions, problems, or concerns.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST Monday through Friday
You can also use the patient referral form to schedule an appointment.
Huntsman Cancer Institute Gastrointestinal Cancer Program
Attn: Christy Steele
2000 Circle of Hope Suite 2360
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
To schedule an appointment, please have the following information available:
- Patient name, telephone number, and insurance information
- Referring physician's name, office address, and telephone number
- Diagnosis, including when and how it was made (for example, physical exam, biopsy, other)
- Treatments, if any, that have taken place and for how long
- Radiology and pathology reports for review before the first visit
We will work with the referring physician to schedule the first appointment as soon as possible. Most patients are first seen in an outpatient clinic rather than being admitted to the hospital.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Program ~ Phone: 801-587-4422