Oncology patient coordinators with the Hematology Cancer Program assist patients by coordinating new patient visits, scheduling appointments, and serving as a central point of contact for questions, problems, or concerns.
For benign blood disorders: bleeding & clotting disorders, hemochromatosis & myeloproliferative disorders
To schedule an appointment, please have the following information available:
- Patient name, telephone number, and insurance information
- Referring physician's name, office address, and telephone number
- Diagnosis, including when and how it was made (for example, physical exam, biopsy, other)
- Treatments, if any, that have taken place and for how long
- Radiology and pathology reports for review before the first visit
We will work with the referring physician to schedule the first appointment as soon as possible. Most patients are first seen in an outpatient clinic rather than being admitted to the hospital.