For inpatients at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI), a registered dietitian monitors nutrition needs.
Nutrition Care Services
At Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI), nutrition is an important part of care before, during, and after cancer treatments. Clinical dietitians are a part of the HCI team approach to improving patient health and wellness.
HCI dietitians can provide the following:
- Guidelines for balanced nutrition and meal planning
- Nutritional guidance for specific cancers
- Coping strategies for nutrition-related treatment side effects
- Special diet management and meal planning
- Management of tube feeding and IV nutrition regimens
- Guidelines for nutrition supplements and antioxidant use during cancer treatment
Good nutrition can help patients tolerate cancer therapy better and with fewer side effects. As part of each patient’s care, they can meet with a registered dietitian. This service is provided through the Linda B. and Robert B. Wiggins Wellness-Survivorship Center.
To schedule an appointment, please call 801-587-4585 or visit the Wellness-Survivorship Center.
Blood and marrow transplant (BMT) patients receive counseling through the BMT Clinic. For appointments, multiple myeloma patients call 801-587-4471. All other BMT patients call 801-587-4742.