Legal experts recommend all adults complete an advance health care directive form, also known as a living will.
The unexpected can happen—accidents, health problems, and emergencies can place people in a situation where they can't speak for themselves. Advance health care directives, such as a living will and medical power of attorney, are legal documents that ensure a person's wishes are fulfilled.
Advance health care directives include these forms:
- Advance health care directive instructions (En Español)
- Advance health care directive form
- English/En Español advance health care directive form
- Advance health care directives for patients living outside of Utah
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
- POLST form
- Tool Kit for Advance Healthcare Planning
Here are additional resources about end-of-life planning: