In the Patient Care Center on the second floor of Huntsman Cancer Institute, teams of doctors and health-care professionals provide compassionate, state-of-the-art care in an outpatient setting.
All types of cancer are treated with services housed together in one central location. Referrals are recommended and may be required by some insurance companies. Financial counseling is available to help uninsured or underinsured patients cover the cost of treatments.
- A private family room, children's waiting rooms, and family consultation rooms complement the Patient Care Center's highly specialized exam rooms, procedure rooms, and diagnostic laboratories. Other cancer support services are located on site, reducing the need for visits to many different locations.
- Specialists provide social work, cancer education, nutrition care, and financial counseling services. Radiology, laboratory, and pharmacy services are also located onsite.
- Pain Medicine and Palliative Care Center
- A chemotherapy infusion suite, designed with patient comfort in mind, provides a soothing space with views of the foothills and natural light streaming through large picture windows.
- Special research clinics provide resources for some patients with a family history of cancer and offer unique investigational opportunities for medical researchers.
- Research clinics for breast, colon, prostate, and skin cancers are available. Others are planned for the future.