On top of feeling physical and emotional distress, many cancer patients worry about their financial situation and understanding insurance plans. Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) Patient Financial Services can help address these issues:
- Working with insurance companies to ensure high-cost services such as chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation therapy are covered before treatments begin (pre-authorized)
- Making sense of medical bills, insurance plan coverage, and claims
- Setting up payment plans
- Identifying state and federal programs to help pay for care, medicine, or supplies for the uninsured
For help with financial-related questions and concerns, please call HCI's financial counselors:
- 801-587-4036 for outpatient clinics and chemotherapy/infusion
- 801-587-4037 for inpatient and outpatient surgery, radiation, and radiology
- 801-587-4674 for patient medication assistance
8 a.m–5 p.m.
You will receive separate bills from doctors involved in your care and for services you received at HCI.
The hospital will forward your hospital bill to your insurance company and send you a copy. The hospital will make every effort to collect payment from your insurance carrier(s). It is your responsibility to know your policy benefits and specific provisions and to make sure insurance companies have paid their portion of the bills. If they do not pay within a reasonable amount of time, the hospital will look to you for payment.
If you need to make arrangements for payment or have questions concerning your hospital bill, call the Patient Accounting Department at 801-587-6303 or 1-800-862-4937 toll free.