To avoid fire risks, the following devices are prohibited from patient rooms:
- Blow dryers
- Space heaters
- Electric razors
- Heating pads
- Other electrical devices
To assure patient safety, our facilities department must check all electrical devices and put a sticker on them to clear them for use. Please check with your nurse for details.
A fall can be a serious risk after surgery or medical treatments. This is why all patients receive non-slip footwear. Patients may also wear their own non-slip slippers or shoes. Please report any spills of water or other liquids immediately.
Other Safety Considerations
- Help us reduce infections by washing your hands and asking all visitors to wash their hands or use antibacterial gel each time they enter and leave your room.
- Keep your ID bracelet on at all times.
- Make sure all health-care workers introduce themselves and wear an identification badge.
- Tell your nurse if you leave the unit.
- Keep IV pumps and oxygen monitors plugged into the call light system, and plug in IV pumps when in your room to recharge the battery.
- There is a smoking room on level A. Please do not smoke in other locations in or near the hospital.