1. Gunther CV, JA Nye, et al. (1990). "Sequence-specific DNA binding of the proto-oncoprotein ets-1 defines a transcriptional activator sequence within the long terminal repeat of the Moloney murine sarcoma virus." Genes Dev. 4: 667-679.
2. Nye JA, JM Petersen, et al. (1992). "Interaction of murine Ets-1 with GGA-binding sites establishes the ETS domain as a new DNA-binding motif." Genes Dev. 6: 975-990.
3. Petersen JM, JJ Skalicky, et al. (1995). "Modulation of transcription factor Ets-1 DNA binding: DNA-induced unfolding of an alpha helix." Science 269(5232): 1866-1869.
4. Graves BJ and JM Petersen (1998). Specificity within the ets family of transcription factors. Advances in Cancer Research. G. V. Woude and G. Klein. San Diego, Academic Press. 75: 1-55. [pdf]
5. Slupsky CM, LN Gentile, et al. (1998). "Structure of the Ets-1 pointed domain and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation site." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95(21): 12129-12134. [pdf]
6. Cowley DO and BJ Graves (2000). "Phosphorylation represses Ets-1 DNA binding by reinforcing autoinhibition." Genes Dev. 14(3): 366-76. [pdf]
7. Goetz TL, TL Gu, et al. (2000). "Auto-inhibition of Ets-1 is counteracted by DNA binding cooperativity with core-binding factor alpha2." Mol. Cell. Biol. 20(1): 81-90. [pdf]
8. Gu TL, TL Goetz, et al. (2000). "Auto-inhibition and partner proteins, core-binding factor beta (CBFbeta) and Ets-1, modulate DNA binding by CBFalpha2 (AML1)." Mol. Cell. Biol. 20(1): 91-103. [pdf]
9. Garvie CW, MA Pufall, et al. (2002). "Structural analysis of the autoinhibition of Ets-1 and its role in protein partnerships." J. Biol. Chem. 277(47): 45529-45536. [pdf]
10 . Pufall MA and BJ Graves (2002). "Autoinhibitory domains: modular effectors of cellular regulation." Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 18: 421-62.
11 . Seidel JJ and BJ Graves (2002). "An ERK2 docking site in the Pointed domain distinguishes a subset of ETS transcription factors." Genes Dev. 16(1): 127-37. [pdf]
12. Hollenhorst PC, DA Jones, et al. (2004). "Expression profiles frame the promoter specificity dilemma of the ETS family of transcription factors." Nucleic Acids Res 32(18): 5693-702. [pdf]
13. Foulds CE, ML Nelson, et al. (2004). "MAPK phosphorylation activates Ets-1 and Ets-2 by CBP/p300 recruitment." Mol. Cell. Biol. 24: 10954-10964. [pdf]
14. Lee GM, LW Donaldson, et al. (2005). "The structural and dynamic basis of Ets-1 DNA binding autoinhibition." J. Biol. Chem. 280(8): 7088-99. [pdf]
15. Pufall MA, GM Lee, ML Nelson, HS Kang, A Velyvis, LE Kay, LP McIntosh, and BJ Graves. 2005. Variable control of Ets-1 DNA binding by multiple phosphates in an unstructured region. Science 209:142-145. [Commentary, Science's STKE, Sept. 13, 2005.] [pdf]
16. Hollenhorst PC, Shah AA, Hopkins C, and Graves BJ 2007 Genome-wide analyses reveal properties of redundant and specific promoter occupancy within the ETS gene family. Genes Dev. 21:1882-1894. [pdf]
17. Hollenhorst PC, Chandler KJ, Poulsen RL, Johnson WE, Speck NA, Graves BJ (2009) DNA specificity determinants associate with distinct transcription factor functions. PLoS Genetics 2009 Dec;5(12):e1000778. Epub 2009 Dec 18C. [pdf]
18. Clement NL, Snell Q, Clement MJ, Hollenhorst PC, Purwar J, Graves BJ, Cairns BR, Johnson WE (2009) The GNUMAP algorithm: Unbiased probabilistic mapping of oligonucleotides from next-generation sequencing. Bioinformatics 26:38-45. [pdf]
19. Thyagarajan B, Blaszczak AG, Johnson WE, Graves BJ (2010) Regulation of life span by the transcription factor, ETS-4 in Caenorhabitis elegans. Plos Genet 6. [pdf]
20. Green SM, Coyne J, McIntosh LP, Graves BJ. (2010) TEL DNA binding is regulated by autoinhibition and self-association. J Biol Chem 285:18496-18504. [pdf]
21. Nelson ML, Kang HS, Lee GM, Blaszczak AG, McIntosh LP, Graves BJ (2010) Ras signaling requires dynamic properties of Ets1 for phosphorylation-enhanced binding to co-activator CBP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10026-10031. [pdf]
22. Oler AJ, Alla RK, Roberts DN, Wong A, Hollenhorst PC, Chandler KJ, Cassiday PA, Nelson CA, Hagedorn CA, Graves BJ, and Cairns B. R. (2010) Human RNA polymerase III transcriptomes and relationships to Pol II promoters, enhancer-binding factors and chromatin domains. Nat Struct Mol Biol 17, 620-628. [pdf]
23. Hollenhorst, PC, McIntosh, LP, and Graves BJ (2011) Genomic and biochemical Insights into the specificity of ETS transcription factors. Ann Rev Biochem 80, null.
24. Hollenhorst PC, Paul L, Ferris MW, and Graves BJ (2011) The ETS gene ETV4 is required for anchorage-independent growth and a cell proliferation gene expression program in PC3 prostate cells. Genes Cancer, epub ahead of print Jan 6, 2011.