The Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) Clinical Trials Office (CTO) centrally administers the implementation and conduct of internally and externally funded adult oncology studies. It works collaboratively with the Primary Children's Medical Center Pediatric Trials Office, which is also located on the University of Utah (U of U) campus, on studies of cancers involving children. The CTO has a large portfolio of cancer-related studies, including research focused on treatment, behavior, prevention, imaging, diagnostics, genetics, and supportive care. All adult clinical research activities in oncology are managed under this single reporting structure thus ensuring uniformity and consistency.
- Streamline study activation; promote completion of meritorious studies
- Assure study integrity and patient safety
- Increase accrual by expanding to a larger research network
The HCI CTO is a centralized office composed of well-trained regulatory, financial, and study management staff members who promote uniformity and consistency in clinical research by providing support for principal investigators and patients. CTO staff have regular assignments with HCI's Multidisciplinary Disease Groups (MDGs), allowing them to build expertise in a particular area of oncology.
- CTO Medical Director: Wallace Akerley, MD
- Clinical Trial Operations Director: Brad Bott
- Clinical Research Training Coordinator: Travis Ault
- Clinical Research Program Managers: Cynthia Davidson, Gina Gregovich, Spencer Hawkes, Leonie Morrison
- Regulatory Manager: Jessica Moehle
- Finance Manager: Anita Bowler
- OnCore Administrator: Bryan Ferre
For more information, view the Clinical Trials Office website.