A subset of information is held in the Utah Population Database (UPDB) for two state registries: the Utah Cancer Registry and the Cancer Data Registry of Idaho. Cancer records are updated annually.
Utah Cancer Registry
- Selected information for individuals diagnosed with cancer from the mid 1950s to the present
- Statewide since 1966
- One of the cancer registries used to estimate national statistics and funded by the National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program.
- 97 percent of individuals with cancer link to one or more records in the UPDB (other than the Social Security Death Index) and 68% have family information.
Cancer Data Registry of Idaho
- State wide since 1969
- 20 percent of individuals with an Idaho cancer link to records in the UPDB (other than the Social Security Death Index).
- There are 10 southeastern Idaho counties that link at 20 percent or more, with one as high as 53 percent.